Community gardens in the North Country
- Jay Contact Susan Hockert 518-523-4701. Grove Road, Au Sable Forks.
- Keene Contact Jim Herman 518-576-9791. Email.12 x 12 plot on Marcy field with water onsite provided by the town. The annual dues are $20/plot. Two community work days: one Memorial Day weekend and the other Columbus Day weekend.
- Lake Placid Contact Mike Farrell 518-523-9337. Email. Old Military Road. Plots available for Lake Placid residents, no charge.
- Ogdensburg Contact Sandy Porter 315-393-3620. Email.
- Plattsburgh Contact Doug Butdorf. Email. Plattsburgh Community Garden Group offers plots that are 100 square feet in “raised beds” 4′ wide x 25′ long (some are 300+ SqFt). Plot usage fee is $25 for the season. Fee is paid for use of land, access to water, tools and an adequate supply of organic soil amendment.
- Tupper Lake Contact Mike 518-359-8370. Email.Demars Boulevard, next to the Town Hall. 12′ x 12′ plots, water provided. $25/year; half price for students and seniors.
Cornell Cooperative Extension: Knowledgeable and helpful. Master Gardeners are available for consultation in each county.